Friday, April 9, 2010

sent From My iPad

so here I am using the iPad's digital keypad to write. it's actually surprisingly useable! there are a few things missing, however, such as a tab key, and I'm not yet sure how to make the autofill work. When I start typing, it gives suggestions, but I don't know how to accept one. People who text a lot probably have this stuff down, but I have never sent a text in my life! What this does is several things happen automatically, like capitalizing the first letter, and I, so you don't have to keep changing keyboards ( it has an ABC keyboard, and a 123 keyboard, that you need to toggle back and forth between. It would be nice to have things like the apostrophe key on the abc keyboard. As far as computing devices, it follows Apples easy to use approach, but some things aren't quite as intuitive as others.

Oh, wait, I see an autofill button, I wonder if that is what I press... No... It gives a suggestion under the word, but if I tap it, it just goes away. I don't see a way to accept it. Hmmm.

If you are not connected to the Internet, most things don't quite work. Cary claims that it can be used as a gps, but I don't see how, as you need to be connected in order for it to find your location. We'll see.

I'm still not sure if ts is just an expensive toy, or if it will actually be a useful tool. I really can't justify an expensive toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment