Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Albania - 17 days

My two youngest daughters left for Albania yesterday, so part of my mind, heart and world is on a different continent. When Emily went to India, I remember that I felt that separation keenly. This is not about worry, there would not be a worry big enough to keep them safe. I know that the Father who loves them more than I do will watch over them, and that's enough for me. It's just a fact of motherhood that we are inextricably tied to our children, forever, and when they hurt, we hurt; when they experience joy, our joy is exponentially increased, and when they are absent, part of our very consciousness is affected. That part of us that keeps them in remembrance at all times is tugged and pulled, and stretched, as they move further from us. We become bigger, able to be more, able to stretch further - but it's a painful process!!

And what does this have to do with me waiting for my iPad? Not much, actually, except that they will be back before it arrives, and so it's not too long that I have to be stretched all the way to Albania.

17 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment